Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I am Death, Destroyer of Plants

I have finally given up hope, and accepted that my stalk of Lucky Bamboo is no longer lucky. In Monty Python terms, it is now an ex-bamboo. It was nearly six years old, originally acquired in Seattle, taken home to Ann Arbor, moved twice, brought back to Seattle, and moved once more. It's had a good life, and I no longer believe it has talismatic properties relating to the marriage where I acquired it.

What I find strange is that I seem to kill easy plants: Lucky Bamboo. Dead. Rosemary. Dead. Lavender. Dead. Hard plants, I do very well with. Pitcher Plant. Thriving. Sundew. Thriving. Staghorn. Thriving. Lithops. Thriving. (As much as a lithop can thrive). This suggests that I should replace the bamboo with something more complex: perhaps a Nepenthes or and Orchid?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Was that my wedding you got that at? I'm impressed it lasted that long and through three moves. We should've taken one with us to Atlanta. I can also assure you that the marriage is doing just fine. :)

12:27 PM  
Blogger MJH said...

Yep, it was yours. Good to hear that it has no power.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home