Monday, January 19, 2009

And the strangest things seem suddenly routine....

I.

I was at the bar last night at the tea dance. I was talking to H, and D walked down the stairs. H made a comment, along the lines, "He looks like a dumb Vin Diesel."

I had the wonderful opportunity to reply, "Actually, he's a PhD mathematician."

II.

Assume population of men p = {K, A, J, R}

set of men who hit on me last night: {K, J}
set of men who I made out with: {A, R}
set of men who did other things1: {J}
set of men who I got their phone number: {R}

UnionIntersection of these sets = {0}


1: This being a family blog, send me e-mail and I'll explain.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. The union is empty? I may be retired from math, but I feel certain that the union of non empty sets can't be empty.

12:27 AM  
Blogger MJH said...

Fixed. Intersection. Union. Tomayto. Tomahto.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home